Bedbugs are great at many things, including hitchhiking and hiding. When compared to other household pests, bedbugs tend to be one of the best hiders. They can stay hidden for a long time, so you may not find the problem until it is too late. Even when the infestation has become large, you may not be able to see the problem. Bedbugs love taking shelter in areas that are difficult to see and touch. For instance, they might hide in cracks, crevices, and other small holes.
If the bugs have enough time to reproduce and lay eggs, you’re going to have a bigger problem to contend with soon enough.
Can’t Find Your Bedbugs? Make Them Come Out Of Hiding!
If you’re trying to confirm a bedbug infestation, you should try making the bedbugs come out. You can use several tricks to force them out of hiding.
- Bedbugs hide until it gets dark. If you want to lure them out, you should use their schedule to your benefit. Turn the lights off and wait until night.
- You can also try using active traps. These traps use CO2 and heat to lure Bedbugs Place a few traps on top of your bed and leave your bedroom. If you have Bedbugs, you’ll know it in the morning.
- Using a steamer is a good way to attract and kill bedbugs that are attracted to heat. A steamer will emit enough heat to lure bedbugs from their hiding place. After that, you can continue using the steamer to kill the bugs.
- Bedbugs are attracted to a heat source. You can use a heating pad or heater to lure the bugs away from their hiding place. Turn it on and leave it for a few hours. Before you know it, the bedbugs will approach. However, they will normally stay a few inches away.
- Using washers and dryers is a good way to identify and kill bedbugs. You’ll want to wash and dry your clothes on the hottest setting. If bedbugs are clinging to your clothes, this will kill them.
If these techniques do not work, you can try using bedbug lures.
What Else To Try
Remember that you can always use multiple tools simultaneously to lure bedbugs. Some lures remain active for 90 days. These lures will emit enough heat to attract the bedbugs. Alternatively, you can use active detection traps. The possibilities are endless. Once you’ve obtained the right tools, you’ll easily be able to lure and trap the bedbugs without any trouble. If you still need more assistance, you should consider hiring a professional exterminator. With their assistance, you’ll be able to tackle this problem quickly.